
It's that time of the year again, when I make my predictions for the 2006 UAAP Men's Basketball Season.
Anyways, I'm keeping it short, so here it goes:
1.) ADMU - even with the loss of LA Tenorio and Japeth Aguilar, I still pick the Eagles as the top team of the elims.
2.) UE - the favorites for this year, I believe they'll come a close second.
3.) FEU - the defending champs will find it difficult to repeat with the loss of Arwind Santos and Mark Isip, but is a sure shot for a Final Four slot.
4.) UST - even with 4-10 win-loss records the past 2 seasons, I believe they'll contend for the #4 spot... and yes I'm a homer, so sue me.
5.) UP - with Marvin Cruz leading the way, expect the Maroons to compete with the Tigers for that elusive #4 slot.
6.) NU - Edwin Asoro will lead the Bulldogs to more wins than they had the past 2 seasons (2), but not that far though to get into the playoffs.
7.) AdU - and the Ken Bono weight watch is on! By the way, since when did they become the "Soaring" Falcons? Heck, they haven't soared in Men's Basketball since they got suspended in 1994.
Although this season seems to be an exciting one, I hate to say this, but it's not as exciting without DLSU, who was suspended for this season.
Still, I'm looking forward to this UAAP season, with or without the Archers.
But I'm definitely not looking forward for the most overrated spectacle in the UAAP today: the Cheerdancing Competition... ugh! Don't get me wrong. Chicks in tight cheering outfits: cool. Winning a cheerdancing crown that they think is bigger than the basketball crown: definitely not cool.
By the way, this is just a prediction of the elimination round... I'll be back in a few months to predict the UAAP postseason... but anyways, if you wanna know who's my pick to win the Men's Basketball Crown this early, it's Ateneo.
Ciao!