Over the past month, I've had a fascination over the Nicktoons Network Original Series "Kappa Mikey". I've been watching it on weekends at Nicktoons and Nickelodeon, and even on my Comcast On-Demand during my spare time in weeknights.
You ask what the show is all about?
Well, it's an American animation series about an American actor (Mikey Simon) starring in the Japanese TV Show "LilyMu" after winning a scratch-off card contest. Segments of LilyMu are shown during the start and the end of the episode, but the show focuses more on the actors' and producers' lives off the set, including Mikey's adjustments to the new world he's now on.
Since he's American, Mikey's drawn differently from the other characters, which are drawn in an anime-inspired style. The cast consists of Mikey, Gonard, Lily, Mitsuki, Guano, Ozu and Yes Man.
But the thing I love the most about this show is its theme song "Hey x2 Look x2", which was sung by the Japanese band Beat Crusaders.
Anyways, I do hope a lot of people would go watch this program. At first you might think it's not funny since they're trying to be "anime" and stuff, but give it a try, and you may actually like it.
Also, you could listen to the full version of the Kappa Mikey theme here.