I bet before this season actually started, there were a lot of people, including some people I personally know, doubting Chad Pennington, quarterback of the New York Jets. After an impressive 2004 season, he was sidelined most of the 2005 season with a shoulder injury that required him to undergo surgery twice, and was thought for dead going into the 2006 season.
Well, 10 weeks into this season, the Jets are 5-4, including a hard-fought victory against AFC East rivals the New England Patriots, and are currently in the fight for a playoff spot in the tough AFC. A team that went 4-12 during the 2005 season, they already have more wins than they had last season.
Add to that, his week 1 performance earned him AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
So, to all those who're still doubting Pennington, all I can say is this: You can't go through life quitting everything. If you're going to achieve anything, you've got to stick with something.
And the Jets made a good choice by sticking with him.