With the 2006 NFL Regular-Season already concluded, we now know who'll be the teams playing in the postseason.
NFC:
#1 - Chicago Bears (13-3, NFC North Champs)
#2 - New Orleans Saints (10-6, NFC South Champs)
#3 - Philadelphia Eagles (10-6, NFC East Champs)
#4 - Seattle Seahawks (9-7, NFC West Champs)
#5 - Dallas Cowboys (9-7, NFC Wildcard)
#6 - New York Giants (8-8, NFC Wildcard)
AFC:
#1 - San Diego Chargers (14-2, AFC West Champs)
#2 - Baltimore Ravens (13-3, AFC North Champs)
#3 - Indianapolis Colts (12-4, AFC South Champs)
#4 - New England Patriots (12-4, AFC East Champs)
#5 - New York Jets (10-6, AFC Wildcard)
#6 - Kansas City Chiefs (9-7, AFC Wildcard)
Now we know the teams playing in the playoffs, I'm still sticking to my original pick, the Baltimore Ravens, winning Superbowl XLI in Miami. And since my NFC pick the Carolina Panthers didn't make the postseason, I'm going with the Philadelphia Eagles (yes, the same Philly team that was left for dead after QB Donovan McNabb went down with a season-ending ACL injury and at one point was 5-6) to come out and represent the NFC in Miami.
Anyways, I'm ready for some NFL postseason football.
Are you?
-----
On a side note, the Kapamilya Channel was launched like 15 minutes ago here in the US, replacing Pinoy Central TV. Will they be still carrying the UAAP, NCAA and PBA games? We'll see.
Anyways, the Kapamilya Channel brings back some of the classic ABS-CBN shows, so I was quite interested in it. And the first thing they showed was the popular 90s teen and pre-teen show "Ang TV".
First time I actually saw a geeky Jolina Magdangal, a somewhat pretty Claudine Barreto before she became a doobie freak, a gorgeous-looking Angelu De Leon before she became Peachy of TGIS and fucked everyone else later in her career, a young Camille Pratts before she became an FHM centerfold, and a very young Katya Santos before she had those breast implants. And the rest of the cast are a bunch of trying-hard posers (I actually just found out that some guy named Amir started out there, too. You know him. You know, Amir... of Crap.).
After seeing the intro to the tune of that "do-a-dee-bee-dee-bee-dum-dee-bee-do" song, I immediately turned the TV off. Never really liked that show anyway while it was still on-air.
If the KC decides to show those old ABS-CBN shows of the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, I'm making a list of shows that I would truly love to watch:
- Palibhasa Lalake
- Abangan Ang Susunod Na Kabanata
That's it. No more. The other shows are just total crap (maybe I should just change the word "crap" with the word "Amir"). Just like most of the Philippine TV shows nowadays.
And please, I want me some "Misadventures of Maverick And Ariel" for crying out loud. And sad to say, I've been working on the disco duck dance for the past 2 years now, and I still can't do it.
Amir... I mean, crap.